Recipe type: Snacks
A delicious all-time snack.
- 1 medium bread loaf
- ⅓ cup curds (dahi) (preferably sour curds (dahi))
- ¾ cup besan (Bengal gram flour)
- 4 green chillies
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 4 green chillies, chopped
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- salt to taste
- oil for deep-frying
- Remove the top crust of the loaf.
- Crumble the loaf into very small pieces.
- Add the curds and a little water to soak the bread pieces. Leave for at least 2 hours.
- Add the coriander, green chillies, chilli powder, gram flour, asafoetida and salt.
- Drop a spoonful of the mixture into hot oil and deep fry.
- Serve hot.