Broccoli Tikki ( Healthy Starter Recipe )
Recipe type: Snacks
This cheesy and crunchy delicacy is sure to steal the hearts of both young and old alike. The dish, otherwise stuffed with mozzarella cheese cubes, is stuffed with low-fat paneer and very little cheese to give it a healthy twist. Instead of 6 big tikkis you can also make 10 small tikkis.
- For The Tikkis
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
- ½ cup boiled , peeled and mashed potatoes
- 1½ tbsp cornflour
- salt to taste
- To Be Mixed Into A Stuffing
- ¼ cup grated paneer (cottage cheese)
- 2 tbsp grated mozzrella cheese
- Other Ingredients
- 1 tsp oil for greasing and cooking
- For Serving
- tomato ketchup
- For the tikkis
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and green chillies, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame, transfer to a bowl and allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the potatoes and cornflour and mix well.
- Shape each tikki into flat rounds.
- Press a little in the centre of each round to make a depression.
- Place very little paneer-cheese stuffing in the centre of each round and roll again to make a 25 mm. (1”) flat round tikki.
- Grease the tava (griddle), using ½ tsp of oil and cook the tikkis using the remaining 1 tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.