Broccoli, Corn and Jalapeno Salad
Recipe type: Snacks
A scrumptious and appealing preparation, the broccoli, corn and jalapeno salad features a rare but interesting combination of nutritious vegetables. The veggies are rich in nutrients, especially vitamins and dietary fibre. They are also rich in antioxidants and give you the power to resist the health hazards that float around us everyday. Broccoli and corn make the dish look very tempting while jalapenos give it a unique, tantalising flavour and aroma. What is more, this delectable dish can be tossed up in minutes, so what are you waiting for?
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1½ cups boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 2 tbsp sliced and fried almonds (badam)
- 1 tbsp chopped jalapeno pepper
- salt to taste
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the almonds and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, corn, jalapenos and salt and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally
- Serve hot.