Bulgur Wheat Pancakes
Recipe type: Snacks
Bulgur wheat proves to be a good breakfast food, as it provides an adequate amount of energy (calories) and protein. Since your body requires calcium, the addition of curds improves the calcium content of the recipe. These pancakes are ideal for your second trimester as they are rich in fibre and will ease your digestive problems too.
- ¾ cup fine broken wheat (dalia)
- 1 tbsp whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- ¼ cup curds (dahi)
- 1 tbsp besan (bengal gram flour)
- ½ cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp oil
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil for greasing and cooking
- For Serving
- green chutney
- Soak the bulgur wheat in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain completely.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients including the bulgur wheat and approx. ¼ cup and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Prepare small pancakes on a non-stick frying pan using a little oil and cook both sides, till they are golden brown.
- Serve hot with green chutney.