Broken Wheat and Paneer Patties
Recipe type: Snacks
When you think ‘patties’, you immediately think of potatoes, raw bananas and a few such stereotypes veggies. You will be happily surprised to note that broken wheat, paneer, mushroom and some veggies can together make a mouth-watering patty, flavoured in oriental style with soy sauce and chilli sauce. These nutritious broken wheat and paneer patties can be packed in a snack box or used as an innovative stuffing for burger buns, rotis or pita pockets.
- ¼ cup broken wheat (dalia)
- 1 carrot , grated
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- ⅓ cup finely chopped mushrooms (khumbh)
- ½ cup grated paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- Other Ingredients
- oil or for cooking
- Clean and wash the broken wheat thoroughly. Blanch it in 1 cup of hot water for 4 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal parts and shape into patties.
- Shallow fry the patties using a little oil on a non-stick tava, cooking on both sides till golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with ketchup or chutney.
These patties also make a great filling for burgers.