Capsicum and Corn Croquettes ( Cooking Under 10 Minutes)
Recipe type: Snacks
Corn croquettes sounds like a gourmet preparation—but see how quickly you can make it at home using this simple technique. Here, crisp bread slices are stuffed with a cheesy corn and capsicum mixture and deep-fried to a perfect golden brown. Remember to use day-old bread for perfect crispness.
- 8 bread slices , a day old
- For The Filling
- 4 tbsp sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane) , boiled
- 1 capsicum , chopped
- 2 tbsp plain flour (maida)
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup grated processed cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- Other Ingredients
- oil for deep frying
- For the filling
- Heat the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the flour and stir continuously till you get the smell of cooked flour, taking care to see that the flour does not discolour.
- Add the milk and whisk well to get a smooth, thick sauce.
- Add the corn, capsicum, cheese and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- How to proceed
- Remove the crusts of the bread slices.
- Dip each slice in water and squeeze out the water by pressing each slice between the palms of your hands.
- Put a spoonful of the filling on one slice.
- Roll it into a cylindrical shape and seal the sides. Keep aside.
- Repeat with the remaining bread slices and filling.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the bread rolls till golden brown from all the sides and drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot.
The filling should be very thick and not runny for this recipe.