Carrot Celery Cigars
Recipe type: Snacks
This is one hot number, crunchy, full of flavour, and easy to pick.
- 6 samosa pattis
- 1 tbsp plain flour (maida) mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- For the filling
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup boiled noodles, chopped
- ½ tsp oil
- salt to taste
- For the filling, heat oil in a small pan, stir fry the garlic, carrots and celery and add the soya sauce, noodles and salt.
- Cut each samosa patti into 3 to get 75 mm. x 62 mm. (3" x 2½") rectangular pieces. You will get 18 pieces.
- Mix the flour and water to make a paste. Keep aside.
- Place a portion of the filling at one corner of the samosa patti piece. Roll it up tightly starting from the end where the filling is placed to make a slim cigar.
- Seal the edge of the samosa patti piece using a little of the flour paste.
- Repeat for the remaining pattis and filling.
- Deep-fry the cigars in hot oil till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with the cucumber relish.