Carrot and Cheese Sandwich
Recipe type: Snacks
Munch on this innovative and nutritious vitamin a, protein, calcium and iron rich recipe. Paneer and cheese if consumed in moderate amount can do wonders for your bone, whereas carrot – excellent source of vitamin a helps to improve our immunity levels.
- 4 toasted whole wheat bread slices
- 2 tsp melted butter
- To Be Mixed Together For The Filling
- ¾ cup grated carrot
- 3 tbsp mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp grated paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1 tsp chopped green chillies
- a pinch of mustard (rai / sarson) powder
- 1 tbsp milk
- salt to taste
- Divide the filling into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface and apply ½ tsp of butter on each bread slice.
- Put 1 portion of the prepared filling in the centre of 1 buttered bread slice and spread it evenly using a back of a spoon.
- Cover with another buttered bread side facing downwards. Cut the sandwich into 2 triangles.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 1 more sandwich
- Serve immediately.