Recipe type: Snacks
Frankies are one of the best loved street foods all over the world. They are wholesome and easy to carry around, simply wrapped in paper. Here is a flavourful and healthy version made with whole wheat chapattis and loaded with veggies and paneer.
- 4 whole wheat (gehun) chapatis
- 1½ cups potatoes , boiled and mashed
- ½ cup grated low fat paneer (cottage cheese)
- ½ cup peeled and grated carrot
- 1 cheese cubes , grated
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup tomatoes , cut into strips
- ¼ cup capsicum , cut into strips
- salt to taste
- Combine the paneer, carrot, cheese, half the chaat masala, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- Divide into 4 equal parts and roll each part into a long roll of the size of the chapatis. Keep aside.
- Warm the chapatis and place on a serving plate.
- Put one roll of the potato and paneer mixture in the centre of the chapati.
- Put some capsicum and tomato strips and sprinkle some chaat masala on top.
- Roll up the chapati to make a cylindrical shape.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more frankies.
- Serve immediately.