Recipe type: Snacks
The casual name reflects the authentic bombay feel of this recipe, brought about by the pav bhaji masala! make sure you do not leave the slit green chillies out of this nice, dry spicy preparation.
- 400 gms paneer , cut into 25 mm (1”) cubes and deep-fried
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tbsp green chilli paste
- ⅓ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 2½ tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1½ tsp coriander (dhania) seed powder
- 1 tsp pav bhaji masala
- ½ tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the green chilli paste and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree , chilli powder, coriander seeds powder, pav bhaji masala, dried fenugreek leaves and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring once in between.
- Add the fried paneer cubes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes on a medium flame.
- Remove from the flame, add the lemon juice and mix well. Serve hot.