Corn and Potato Tikkis
Recipe type: Snacks
A simple and subtle blend of ingredients shaped into tikkis that goes well as a teatime snack.
- 1 cup boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ka dana)
- 1 cup boiled and grated potatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tbsp bread crumbs
- salt to taste
- Other ingredients
- 2 tsp oil for cooking
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Shape each portion into even sized round and flatten the rounds to make tikkis.
- Heat a non-stick pan and cook each tikki over a high flame, using a little oil until both sides are golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot.