Corn Tikki Patties
Recipe type: Snacks
recipe by Tamprapali ---- Corn is an all time favourite snack amongst everyone.The recipe below enhances the taste and sweetness of corn in its own way.Try it to believe it.
- All purpose flour as required 1 Tablespoons
- Coriander leaves/cilantro(chopped) ¼ Bunch
- Garam masala powder 1 Pinch
- Ginger garlic paste 1 Teaspoons
- Green chillies -to taste 2 Numbers
- Cumin seeds 1 Teaspoons
- fried Chana dal-Dhalia ½ Cup
- Fresh corn kennel/frozen corn 2 Cup
- Salt To Taste
- Oil/Ghee To Fry
- Preparation :-
- Clean out the corn cob by running the knife vertically or thaw the frozen corn(for atleast 20mins) before preparing corn tikki/patties. 2. For the Mixture :- a) Make a coarse mixture of green chillies,cumin seeds,chopped coriander ,gingergarlic paste amp; the binding indgrediant chanadal (dalia) in a food processor. b)After the coarse textured mixture is ready ,add corn to it. c) Blend it again and place the mixture in a seperate bowl.Add salt to the corn mixture and mix well. (Note:- The final corn mixture will have little moisture oozed out of corn) d) To get a firm texture add maida/all purpose flour amp; mix well. e) Make dumplings out of the mixture amp; press it gently to give it a round shape. 3. Cooking Details:- Two ways corn tikkis can be prepared -shallow fry (on a non-stick pan) or Deep fry (in kadhai).
- For shallow fry :-
- a)Take a nonstick pan amp; place it on medium heat .Then place corn tikkis on it. b) Add a drop or two of oil/ghee on each tikki respectively.Allow it cook for a while. c) As they get golden brown from bottom turn them amp; cook the other side in the same way . .
- For Deep-Fry :-
- a) Heat oil in a kadai or deep surfaced pan with minimum one inch of oil. b) Check the temperature for cooking the tikkis by adding a small piece into the oil. If it floats up without breaking then its ready . c) Add the tikkis slowly in the oil amp; cook till golden brown. 4.Hot amp; crisp tikkis/patties are ready to be served.