Almond Badam Halwa
Recipe type: sweets
Badam halwa is a delicious desert made with pureed almonds, butter/ ghee (clarified butter), sugar and saffron Badam halwa is a sweet made from almonds , garnished with nuts and adding a little color to look good and attractive.
- Yellow Food Color as required
- Saffron 2 Numbers
- Sugar 3 Cup
- Ghee 2 + 2 Tablespoons
- Milk ½ Cup
- Almonds(Badam) 3 Cup
- Soak almond/badam for 2-3 hours (suitable if soaked overnight) & peel off the skin before preparing this dish or boil them for 30 mins increase of last minute preparation.
- Put the peeled almonds in a blender and add milk to it .It should be enough to cover them .
- Blend it into a coarse paste .Avoid thin texture of paste sue to excess of milk
- Heat the pan & add 2 tbsp ghee to it .As ghee melts add badam mixture & give a quick stir.
- Add sugar keeping in mind 1:1 ratio of almond : sugar (more sugar can be added as per taste) Alternative Tip:- dilute the sugar by making sugar syrup & then adding it to the badam mixture.
- Constantly stir the mixture as it can stick & burn from bottom.
- Add Saffron & constantly stir as it boils from bottom.(Food color is optional if required)
- Add additional 2 tbsp of ghee while its boiling.Constant stirring is a must till ghee starts oozing out.
- Once halwa separates out ghee its time to put it in a container & is ready to be served.
- Garnish it with grated almonds/badam.