Bombay Karachi Halwa
Recipe type: sweets
Bombay Karachi is a popular Indian sweet dish made with cornflour sweetened with sugar, ghee, flavoured with cardamom and garnished with nuts
- Cashewnuts ½ Cup
- Ghee 100 Grams
- Lime Juice 1 Teaspoons
- Watar 125ml ml
- Cardamom Pdr 1 Teaspoons
- Sugar 200 Grams
- Cornflour 50 Grams
- Take a bowl add sugar and water bring it to a boil, add lemon juice.In a small bowl add water to corn flour mix well so that it dosent form any lumps.In a non stick pan add ghee do not switch on the flame now add cornflour mixture to it and mix, now switch on the flame very low.
- when the mixture is thinking switch of the flame and add sugar surip little by little and keep mixing to avoid lumps repeat the same till surip is completed.
- Now switch on the flame and keep mixing now add ghee very slowly keep mixing repeat the same process till the ghee is completed.
- Now add colour,cardamom powder cook till ghee is oozeing out,now add broken cashewnuts mix well once it is done transfer it to a plate.
- Grease the plat with ghee and pore the mixture keep a side for 1hr and cut into small pices.