Khubani Ka Meetha Recipe
Recipe type: sweets
khubani ka meetha - a popular hyderabadi dessert made with dried apricots.
- 25-28 dried apricots
- 1 or 1&1/2 cup strained water from the soaked apricots
- sugar as required (optional)
- sliced almonds (optional)
- rinse the apricots well.
- then soak them overnight in enough water.
- remove the apricots the next day and keep the water aside.
- deseed the apricots.
- keep the hard kernels aside and break the kernels.
- throw away the hard covering and keep the almond like nuts aside.
- add one cup of the strained water in the pan along with the apricots.
- you can also just mash the apricots with your hands and then add them to the pan.
- cook on a low flame for 22-25 minutes stirring occasionally.
- if the mixture looks dry, add some water.
- now add sugar and cook for 5-6 minutes more.
- lastly add the almond like seeds of the apricots.
- stir and then serve khubani ka meetha hot or warm or cold.