Til and Jowar Puri
Recipe type: Snacks
Suggested serving size for 100 calories: 5 puris. Easy to make, this iron-rich snack with jowar flour and sesame seeds is ideal for anytime and anywhere munching.
- 1⅓ cups jowar (white millet) flour
- ¼ cup sesame seeds (til)
- 2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 2½ tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
- salt to taste
- jowar (white millet) flour for rolling
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough warm water (approx. ¼ cup).
- Divide the dough into 30 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 50 mm. (2") diameter circle using a little jowar flour for rolling.
- Arrange half the puris on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 20 minutes.
- Repeat the step 3 for the remaining puris.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.