Tomato and Oregano Waffle
Recipe type: Snacks
Suggested serving size for 100 calories: 3 pieces vitamin b complex and fibre rich whole wheat and rice flour combine with vitamin c laden tomatoes, corn and capsicum. Garlic and oregano lend a striking flavour to this waffle - the italian food lovers’ delight.
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- ¼ cup rice flour (chawal ka atta)
- ½ cup tomato purée
- ¼ cup finely chopped capsicum
- ¼ cup coarsely ground sweet corn kernels
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- ¾ tsp garlic (lehsun) paste (optional)
- ½ tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp oil for greasing
- 2¼ tsp fruit salt
- Combine all the ingredients, except the fruit salt, in a bowl and mix well.
- Add enough water (approx. 2 to 3 tbsp) to make a smooth batter.
- Pre-heat a waffle iron and lightly grease it with oil.
- Divide the batter in to 3 equal portions.
- Add ¾ tsp of fruit salt evenly over a portion of the batter, sprinkle a few drops of water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently and pour the batter evenly over the greased iron.
- Close the lid and cook on high for 2 to 3 minutes or till the waffle turns crisp and golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 2 more waffles.
- Cut each waffle into 4 pieces and serve immediately.