Recipe type: Snacks
A variation of Adai - a South-Indian Speciality.U can try this adai adding 1½ cup chopped spinach leaves also-The taste of the never diminishes.
- ½ cup uraddhal-skinless
- ½ cup Oats
- ½ cup rice flakes-Aval
- ¼ cup toor dhal
- ¼ cup split yellow moongdhal
- ¼ cup gram dhal(kadalai paruppu)
- ¼ cup raw-rice
- 6 red chillies
- 1½ cup Onions-finely chopped
- ½ cup coconut thin slices-finely cut
- ½ cup grated coconut
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- ½ tsp asafotida powder
- few coriander leaves
- few curry leaves
- 2 tsp salt
- 750 ml water
- ½ cup refined oil-for doing adai
- Soak urad dhal, toordhal, moongdhal, gramdhal and raw-rice together for 1 hour.Wash them well.
- Soak the oats and rice flakes together for a min and drain the excess water(immediately).
- Grind the ingredients in Step1 and 2 with 750ml water and red chillies - to a little coarse batter(the batter should not be fine).
- Add chopped onions,grated coconut,chopped coconut pieces,grated ginger,curry leaves,coriander leaves,salt and asafoetida powder.Mix this adai batter well.
- Heat Adai-pan(dosa pan like but curved in the centre) on medium flame and spread little oil and then spread 4 tbsp or 1 big-spoonful adai batter like dosa and pour little oil around the edges.Turn the the adai after 1½ mins or till it turns golden brown on both sides.Do all the adais like this.
- Serve this Urad dhal Adai with carrot chutney or coconut chutney or Avial Curry or Veg Stew