Recipe type: Tips
Keep this spicy curry paste in the freezer to create authentic curries whenever you feel like it.
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white vinegar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 2 long fresh red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs finely grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup ground cumin
- ¼ cup ground coriander
- 1 tbs freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbs garam masala
- 1 tbs black mustard seeds
- 1 tbs ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Place the vinegar, oil, chilli, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, pepper, garam masala, mustard, turmeric and cinnamon in a bowl and stir until well combined.
To freeze (for up to 4 months): Place curry paste in an airtight container and smooth the surface. Drizzle with vegetable oil to cover. Label, date and freeze. To thaw: Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours or until thawed. Stir to combine.