Agnolotti with roasted pumpkin and sage
Recipe type: Curries
Roasted pumpkin and aromatic sage add a gourmet touch to this tasty vegetarian pasta creation.
- 700g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 pinches chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 625g fresh ricotta and spinach agnolotti pasta
- 80g butter, chopped
- ½ cup fresh sage leaves
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- Shaved parmesan cheese or vegetarian hard cheese to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin in a bowl. Add chilli and coriander. Spray with oil. Stir to combine. Arrange pumpkin, in a single layer, on baking tray. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to pan.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook sage and walnut for 3 to 5 minutes or until butter is golden and sage crisp.
- Add pumpkin, sage mixture and reserved cooking liquid to pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Toss over low heat until combined and heated through. Serve topped with parmesan.
Use 500g potato gnocchi instead of agnolotti pasta and save around $4.27 in total