Baked mushroom risotto
Recipe type: Curries
Showcase beautiful varieties of mushrooms in this creamy baked risotto.
- 3 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 50g butter
- 400g mixed mushrooms, sliced (see note)
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh chives
- ⅓ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Place stock and 1½ cups cold water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, until needed.
- Melt half the butter in a flameproof dish over high heat. Add mushroom. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Reduce heat to medium. Melt remaining butter in pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Add rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine. Bring to the boil. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated.
- Stir in stock mixture and mushroom. Cover tightly with foil. Transfer to oven. Bake, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 5 minutes or until liquid has absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in chives and cheese. Serve.