Besan Wali Shimlamirch
Recipe type: Curries
Shimlamirch or capsicum recipe with a pleasant twist. Besan wali shimlamirch is a mouthwatering capsicum preparation with besan and other handy ingredients.
- 2 tbsp besan (bengal gram flour)
- oil for cooking
- a pinch cumin seeds (jeera)
- a pinch kala cumin seeds (jeera)
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- a pinch fennel seeds (saunf)
- 5 capsicum , cut into dices
- ½tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- salt to taste
- sugar to taste
- Dry roast the besan in a pan and let it cook. Keep aside.
- Take oil in a pan and add the cummin seed, kala jeera, hing, saunf and capsicum and saute it for few seconds.
- Add the haldi, chilli powder, dhania powder, salt, sugar and again saute on a slow flame.
- Add the besan and ½ tsp of water into it. Cook for 10 mins. Serve hot.