Beetroot Capsicum Curry
Recipe type: Curries
This is a healthy colourful food . Serve with rotis or hot rice
- 1 cup boiled and chopped beetroot
- 1 cup sliced capsicum
- 6 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- a few curry leaves (kadi patta)
- salt taste
- 3 chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp cashewnuts (kaju)
- 1 tsp raisins (kismis)
- ¼ tsp grated ginger (adrak)
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan, add the cahewnuts and raisins and fry till they turn golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat another 3 tbsp oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, ginger, green chillies and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the capsicum and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the beetroot and cook for more 2-3 minutes.
- Add the salt, mix well and add the cashewnuts and raisins and mix well.
- Serve hot with rotis and parathas.