Chukkakura Pappu Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Learn how to make Chukkakura Pappu recipe at home. Chukkakura pappu is a delicious andhra dal recipes. This is a dish prepared with leafy vegetable so this will add good health for us. Complete making processes of this tasty Chukkakura pappu is explained below in detail. If you find this Chukkakura Pappu recipe is useful then please share with your friends. Here we have given list of ingredients and procedure on how to make Chukkakura Pappu recipe, so that any one can make this Chukkakura Pappu very easily without any experiance on making this recipe.
- Chukkakura – 1 cup
- Kandi pappu (yellow lentils / toor daal) - 1½ cup
- Green Chilies - 8
- Tamarind – small piece
- Oil- 4 spoons
- Turmeric - 1pinch
- Avalu (Mustard seeds)- 1 tea spoon
- Senaga pappu (Chenna dal)- 1 tea spoon
- Red dry chillies (broken) - 3
- Minapappu (Black gram / urad dal-husked) - 1 tea spoon
- Curry leaves- 10
- Velluli(garlic) - 3
- Hing – pinch
- Salt to taste
- Clean and cut Chukkakura leaves into small pieces.
- Pressure Cook the Kandi pappu, Chukkakura, Tamarind, green chillies and Turmeric in a pressure cooker for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Open the cooker when the pressure becomes less.
- Smash the boiled ingredients, add salt to taste.
- In a pan pour oil and heat it. Add Mustard seeds, Chenna dal, Black gram, Red dry chillies, Velluli, Curry leaves and hing into oil and fry them.
- Add this tempering to the smashed pappu and boil it for few minutes on low flame.
- Enjoy this Chukkakura pappu with steamed rice and ghee.