Corn Palak ( Healthy Subzi)
Recipe type: Curries
Widely available and full of nutrients, spinach makes a colourful and flavoursome companion to corn.
- 1 cup boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
- ½ cup onion paste
- ½ cup tomato pulp
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- ½ cup low-fat milk , 99.7% fat-free
- For The Spinach Purée (makes Approx. ¾ Cup)
- 1 cup chopped spinach (palak)
- 2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ cup chopped coriander (dhania)
- 3 garlic (lehsun) cloves
- 2 green chillies
- 25 of ginger (adrak)
- For Serving
- phulkas or parathas
- For the spinach purée
- Combine the spinach, dried fenugreek leaves ,sugar and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Allow it to cool completely and grind it in a mixer to a smooth purée along with coriander, garlic, green chillies and ginger. Keep aside.
- How to proceed
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onion paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, garam masala,mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared spinach purée, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the salt and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet corn kernels, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve hot with phulkas or parathas.