Green Peas Curry ( Cooking Under 10 Minutes)
Recipe type: Curries
Green peas curry is a delightful accompaniment that can be made in a jiffy using frozen peas, readily available spice powders, purees and pastes. The use of plain flour, gives a thick consistency to the curry, without having to simmer the gravy for too long.
- 1 cup frozen green peas , thawed
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp plain flour (maida)
- ½ tsp roasted cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- a pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tbsp onion paste
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Mix together the milk, flour, cumin powder, chilli powder, tomato puree and lemon juice in a bowl. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the asafoetida and onion paste and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the milk mixture, green peas and salt and simmer for a few minutes till the curry thickens.
- Serve hot.