Methi Mutter Pulao
Recipe type: Curries
This rice tastes great with any raita and is great fr lunch boxes too.
- 2 cups long grained rice (basmati)
- 1 cup chopped fenugreek (methi)
- ¾ cup green peas
- 1 tomato , chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 3 to 4 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp raisins (kismis)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for 25-30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the fenugreek leaves and saute for 4-5 mins on medium flame.
- Add the tomatoes and cook till the oil seperates.
- Add the turmeric and red chilli powder, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add 3½ cups of water,lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot.