mushroom roast recipe
Recipe type: Curries
mushroom roast – a spicy sauted mushroom preparation.
- 200 grams button mushrooms
- ½ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- ½ tsp kashmiri chilli powder or deghi mirch or ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder/dhania powder
- ½ tsp tandoori masala or ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp besan/gram flour
- 2 tbsp fresh yogurt/curd, whisked till smooth
- 2 tsp chopped coriander leaves/dhania leaves
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt as required
- rinse the mushrooms first. drain and wipe them dry.
- you can halve them or quarter them or even slice them.
- heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan. add the mushrooms. stir and saute the mushrooms.
- the mushrooms will take some minutes too cook.
- first they will start to sweat and you will see a lot of water in the pan.
- the water should dry up completely and the mushrooms should become golden from sides.
- you can cook the mushrooms on a low to medium flame.
- lower the flame and then add all the spice powders one by one – turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and tandoori masala or garam masala.
- stir for 4 to 5 seconds.
- add besan/gram flour and saute it on a low flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- remove the pan from fire and add beaten curd.
- stir well and season with salt.
- keep the pan on the stove top and saute for 4 to 5 minutes on a low flame till the mixture becomes dry and the masala has coated the mushrooms.
- stir in coriander leaves and switch off the fire.
- serve the mushroom roast with lemon slices or wedges.