Recipe type: Curries
- Urad Dal 1 Teaspoons
- Toovar Dal 1 Tablespoons
- Moong Dal 1 Tablespoons
- Chana Dal 1 Tablespoons
- Masoor Dal 1 Tablespoons
- Mustard Seeds 1 Teaspoons
- Cumin Seeds 1 Teaspoons
- Cinnamon 1 Stricks
- Cloves 2 Numbers
- Curry Leaves 4 Numbers
- Small Red Chilies 4 Numbers
- Green Chilies, Finely Chopped 3 Numbers
- Finely Chopped Ginger 2 Teaspoons
- Finely Chopped Garlic 2 Teaspoons
- Tomatoes, Roughly Chopped 2 Numbers
- Garam Masala ½ Teaspoons
- Chopped Coriander 2 Tablespoons
- Lemon Juice 1 Numbers
- Oil 2 Tablespoons
- Salt To Taste
- Wash all the dals. Soak for 1 hour and then drain.
- Add 5 cups of water and cook in a pressure cooker or cook dal till soft on the stove.
- Heat the oil and fry the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, cinnamon and cloves until they begin to crackle.
- Add the curry leaves, red chilies, ginger and garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and garam masala, the dals, coriander, lemon juice and salt and boil for 8 to 10 minutes. Serve hot.