Paneer Pasanda ( Subzi Recipe )
Recipe type: Curries
As the name suggests "pasanda" means the every one is favourite. Though this recipe calls for extra effort, it is my favourite because the rich gravy wins me praise every time i make it.
- 1½ cups paneer (cottage cheese) cubes
- For The Onion and Cashew Paste
- 1 cup roughly chopped onions
- 5 garlic (lehsun) cloves
- 12 mm ½" piece of ginger (adrak)
- 2 tbsp broken cashewnuts (kaju)
- For The Brown Onion Paste
- 2 onions , sliced
- oil for deep-frying
- Other Ingredients
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 cup curds (dahi) ) , whisked
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil or
- For The Garnish
- 2 tsp cream
- For the onion and cashew paste:
- Boil the onions in 1 cup of water until soft.
- Add the garlic, ginger and cashewnuts and grind into a paste.
- For the brown onion paste:
- Deep fry the onions in oil until golden brown. Drain. Grind into a fine paste in a blender using a little water.
- How to proceed:
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the onions and cashew paste and cook over a slow flame for a few minutes.
- Add the chilli powder and garam masala, mix and cook again till the oil separates from the gravy.
- Take the pan off the fire, add the curds and mix well.
- Simmer for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the brown onion paste and salt and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Add the paneer, garnish with the cream and serve hot.