Recipe type: Curries
A very easy and fast dish to make. Highly nutritious and very tasty. We can have this dish with either rice or rotis.
- 200 gms soaked and chopped soya nuggets
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 chopped onions
- 1 chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- ½ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 2-3 whole dry kashmiri red chilli
- 3 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp m.s.g
- 1 cup water
- soy sauce to taste
- chopped coriander (dhania) for garnishing
- Heat oil in a non stick pan or wok.
- Add the cumin seeds and the mustard seeds and let it crackle.
- Add ½ tsp of hing, dry red chilli and saute in the oil for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and saute till the onions are light golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and the chilli powder and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute well till the rawness of the ginger garlic paste goes away.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder and garam masala and saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the soya chunks and mix well.
- Add the ajina moto and once the soya chunks are nicely cooked, add 1 cup water to make the gravy.
- Add salt and 1 tsp of soya sauce and cook low flame for about 5-6 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rice or rotis.