Spicy Aloo Capsicum
Recipe type: Curries
A spicy tasty dish which goes great with rotis or phulkas or even as a starter. Quick and easy to make, i hope you all will like it. Your comments and inputs are highly appreciated.
- 4 capsicum , cut into long thick strips
- 2 sliced potatoes
- 2 chopped onions
- 3 slit green chillies
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp fenugreek (methi) seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- ½ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil for cooking
- oil for deep frying
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Heat the oil for deep frying in a deep pan or wok , add the potatoes and deep fry them till they are golden brown.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan or wok.
- Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and fennel seeds and let it crackle.
- Add ½ tsp of hing, fenugreek seeds and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and saute till the onions are light golden brown.
- Add the green chillies, turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder and garam masala and saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and saute for 3 to 4 minutes for all the masala to get mixed completely.
- Add the fried potatoes and toss well.
- Sprinkle the soya sauce and salt and stir well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve hot.