Recipe type: Curries
A popular Manglorian vegetable.
- 1½ cups sliced tendli
- ⅓ cup cashewnuts (kaju)
- ½ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 3 red chillies, broken into small pieces
- a pinch of sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- For the topping
- ⅓ cup grated coconut
- Soak the cashewnuts in water for 4 to 5 hours. Boil for a few minutes until slightly tender. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil, add the mustard seeds and fry until they crackle. Add the chillies, tendlis and salt and fry for a while, sprinkling a little water while cooking.
- Add the sugar, cover and cook until tender.
- Add the cashewnuts, mix well and sere hot topped with grated coconut.