Recipe type: Curries
Usli consists of a mixture of healthy sprouts stir fried.
- ¾ cup sprouted moong
- ⅓ cup sprouted kala chana
- ⅓ cup sprouted kabuli chana (white chick peas)
- ⅓ cup sprouted peanuts
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ tsp ginger, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic (lehsun), chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tbsp chopped corriander (dhania)
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 potato, chopped and boiled
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Boil the moong sprouts, red chana sprouts, kabuli chana sprouts and sprouts peanuts. Don't cook in a pressure cooker. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a tava, add the cumin seeds and fry for ½ minute. Add the onion and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the ginger, garlic, green chillies and fry again for a few seconds.
- Add the tomato, turmeric, coriander, chilli powder and fry again.
- Add the potato, well drained sprouts, lemon juice and salt.
- Serve hot.