Tendli Sabzi Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Tendli Sabzi - Ivy Gourd and Potatoes Dish
- 250 gms Tendli/Tindora/Ivy Gourd/Gherkins
- 1 large potato
- 1 green chili
- ½ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds powder
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- ½ inch ginger chopped
- ½ tsp mustard seeds/rai
- ½ tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- ¼ tsp red chili powder (optional)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp ghee or oil
- Clean the tendlis in water. Then wipe then with the kitchen towl and chop the tendli lenghtwise into 4 pieces. Wash, peel and dice the potatoes too.
- Slit the green chili.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker. Add the mustard seeds. When they pop add the cumin seeds. Now add the curry leaves, ginger, green chili and fry for a minute. Add all the dry powders along with the vegetables. Fry for 2 minutes, stirring in between.
- Add ½ cup of water and salt. Pressure cook for 3 mins.
- When done, and if water is still remaining, keep the cooker on the flame, so that the water dries up. If you want a little gravy, then you could keep the water.
- Have this Tendli Sabzi with gujarati rotlis, or phulkas/chapatis.