Tofu and eggplant in black bean garlic sauce
Recipe type: Curries
- 3½ tablespoons peanut oil
- 350g firm tofu, cut into 2cm cubes
- 700g eggplant, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded, sliced
- 5 green onions, sliced diagonally into 2cm-long pieces
- 2½ tablespoons black bean garlic sauce
- extra green onions, sliced, and steamed rice, to serve
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Swirl to coat. Add tofu. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a bowl. Cover with foil.
- Reheat wok over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil. Swirl to coat. Add eggplant. Stir-fry for 6 to 7 minutes or until golden and tender. Add to tofu.Step 3
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in wok. Add capsicum and onions. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until softened. Return tofu and eggplant to wok with black bean garlic sauce. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon into bowls. Top with extra onions. Serve with rice.