aloo masala grilled sandwich recipe
Recipe type: Breakfast
aloo masala grilled sandwich – easy to make grilled sandwich with spiced mashed potatoes.
- 8-10 bread slices
- 2 to 3 medium potatoes or aloo, boiled and mashed
- 1 or 2 green chilies, chopped finely
- ¼ tsp kashmiri chilli powder or deghi mirch (optional)
- ¼ tsp of garam masala powder
- 1 tsp amchur/dry mango powder or as required
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ to 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- salted butter at room temperature, as required
- rock salt or regular salt as required
- grated cheddar cheese as required (optional)
- boil or steam potatoes till they are cooked very well and can be easily mashed.
- drain and peel them. mash them when they are still hot or warm.
- add all the herbs and spices powders – chopped green chilies, coriander leaves, red chili powder, garam masala powder, dry mango powder, cumin powder and salt. mix very well.
- check the seasoning and add more of salt, red chili powder, dry mango powder if required.
- spread butter on half of the bread slices.
- take some portion of the potato stuffing and spread it on the buttered bread slices.
- optional step – sprinkle some grated cheese.
- cover the bread slices with the remaining buttered slices.
- spread some butter on the top of the bread sandwiches.
- place the sandwiches buttered side down in a preheated grill carefully.
- now spread butter on the top of the bread slices facing you.
- cover the grill and grill for 2-3 minutes or till the sandwiches are golden and crisp.
- serve aloo masala grilled sandwich hot with tomato ketchup or coriander chutney or both.