Bajra aur Kaddu ki Roti
Recipe type: Breakfast
A full meal in itself, this dish is best for days when you don't have the time to cook, or have unexpected guests. Just serve the rotis with a bowl of low fat curds and salad and your meal is done.
- ½ cup bajra (black millet) flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1 cup grated red pumpkin
- 1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- salt to taste
- Other ingredients
- 1 tsp oil for cooking
- Mix all the ingredients together, except the oil and make a semi-soft dough using enough water. Keep covered for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and shape into round balls.
- Roll out each portion into 125 mm. (5") diameter rounds.
- Cook on a non-stick pan, using a little oil, till both sides are lightly browned.
- Repeat to make 5 more rotis.
- Serve hot.