Besan Omlette Toast
Recipe type: Breakfast
A tasty tiffin as well as breakfast recipe. Really easy and fast to make. Consumes very less amount of time and yes kids will love it.
- 6 bread slices
- 3 tsp besan (bengal gram flour)
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped capsicum
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp chopped green chillies
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) powder
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- butter or grated processed cheese as required
- Combine the besan, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and water in a bowl and mix nicely using a whisk to ensure there are no lumps.
- Once the batter is ready, add the tomatoes, capsicum and green chillies and mix well.
- In a flat non stick pan heat the oil.
- Once the oil is heated add small quantities of batter in the pan and gently spread evenly on all sides.
- Cook for 1 minute on both the sides and prepare the omlettes till is batter is complete.
- Keep aside.
- Apply butter or cheese on the toasted bread.
- Add the besan omlettes on the toast and it's ready to serve.
- For packing it in tiffin, apply omlette on one side of the toast and place another slice on the top.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.