Recipe type: Breakfast
Presenting a simple, delicious and low cal Capsicum sandwich. The finely chopped capsicum is stir fried with onion slices, jeera powder, ginger garlic paste and then stuffed in between the bread slices. Enjoy the capsicum sandwich plain or toasted in a sandwich maker with ketchup.
- 2 capsicums, thinly sliced
- ½ medium sized onion, finely sliced
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp oil
- First in a vessel add oil and when it warms add the onion slices.
- When the onin slices become translucent added the finely grated carrot and stir fry.
- Now lower the flame to the lowest and add other ingredients that is soya sauce, red chillie powder, salt, haldi powder, ginger -garlic paste and stir fry on medium flame till the mixture become a little sticky.
- Take off the flame and put the mixture on the bread and cover with another.
- Do the same with the other pair of bread and put it in the sandwich maker.
- When they are done serve it hot from the sandwich maker.
- First cut the boiled potatoes into small pieces.
- Warm the oil in a vessel and add the finely chopped onins.
- When the onions start getting brown
- Add the mustard seeds,the potato pieces,chopped chillies, curry leaves, haldi and salt.
- Stir fry for two to three minutes. when the potatoes catch the yellow colour of turmeric powder and the oil gets to separate stop stirring and off the flame.
- Put the mixture on one bread slice and cover with the other and put the two pair of slices in the sandwich maker
- Serve it when they are finished.
- First in a vessel put the oil and when the oil gets hot add the jeera.
- Now add the finely chopped onions.
- When the onion gets translucent add the ginger-garlic paste and the capsicum pieces haldi and salt. mix it well and slow the flame.
- Close the lid of the veseel and let it cook for atleast five minutes that is till the capsicum gets tender.
- Remove the mixture and spread on one slice of bread and cover with another. do the same with the other slice.
- Put them in the sandwich maker.
- Serve hot immediately after removing from the sandwich maker.