Carrot Rava Dosa
Recipe type: Breakfast
In India Dosa is one of the popular recipes. It is enjoyed as a snack as well as for lunch. The addition of carrots makes it healthier.
- 2 cups semolina (rava)
- ½ cup rice flour (chawal ka atta)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- salt to taste
- 1" (inch) chopped ginger (adrak)
- 4 green chillies , chopped
- 10 to 12 finely chopped curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 2 tbsp crushed peppercorns (kalimirch)
- 1 tsp crushed cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 tbsp ghee or oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coconut
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 12 finely chopped cashewnuts (kaju)
- Blend rava, rice flour and buttermilk in a mixer to make a thin batter, add asafoetida and salt. The batter should be thin, add water if required.
- Keep aside to ferment for at least 6 hours.
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast the peppercorns and cumin seeds, add to the batter.
- Add the green chillies, coconut, carrots, curry leaves and cashewnuts, mix well.
- Grease a non stick tava (griddle) with a little oil. Pour a ladle full of the batter and spread by swirling the tava to form a thin circle.
- Smear a tablespoon of oil on the sides, cook till the dosa is crisp and golden brown in colour and fold over to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more dosas.
- Serve immediately.