chana masala toast sandwich
Recipe type: Breakfast
chana masala toast – quick toast or grilled sandwiches made with leftover chana masala
- 4 to 6 slices of brown or whole wheat or white bread
- ½ to ¾ cup leftover chana masala or chickpea curry
- 1 small to medium onion, sliced thinly
- 1 small to medium tomato. sliced thinly
- 1 small green bell pepper/capsicum, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp chaat masala powder or sandwich masala
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder/bhuna jeera powder
- black salt or rock salt as required
- butter or olive oil for spreading on the bread slices
- cheddar or mozarella cheese, thinly sliced or grated as required (optional)
- accompaniments with toast sandwich:
- tomato sauce
- green chutney (optional)
- sweet tamarind chutney (optional)
- trim the edges of the bread if you want.
- spread the butter or brush the olive oil lightly on all the bread slices.
- add 1 or 2 tablespoon of the chana masala.
- top with 2-3 slices each of onion, tomato and capsicum.
- sprinkle with a pinch or two of chaat masala, roasted cumin powder and salt.
- if you want you can top some grated cheese also on top.
- cover with another slice of bread.
- toast the sandwich in a sandwich maker or grill till golden and crisp.
- spread some olive oil or butter on top of the sandwiches if required.
- serve the chana masala toast sandwich hot with green chutney or sweet tamarind chutney or tomato sauce.