Easy Frittata Base Recipe
Recipe type: Breakfast
Mastering a great frittata base opens up a whole new world of different recipe options that make use of vegies that you don’t want to go to waste. A meal unto itself, its perfect paired with a fresh salad for a highly nutritious family meal on the table in ten minutes.
- 2-3 peeled potato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ sliced onions
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- ¼ cup grated processed cheese
- Boil potatoes until just tender. Drain, cut into 3-4cm chunks and set aside.
- Heat oil in a small fry pan (approx 20cm). Add onion and cook for 2 minutes until softened.
- Add potatoes and any other vegetables of your choosing, and toss to combine with onion.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour over the vegetables and cook on a low heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and place under a pre-heated grill for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Serve hot.