Fibre Rich Paratha
Recipe type: Breakfast
This paratha is fibre rich as it contains many grains which are rich in fibres.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 2 tbsp ragi (nachni / red millet) flour
- 2 tbsp besan (bengal gram flour)
- 2 tbsp moong (whole green gram) flour
- 2 tbsp soya flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour (chawal ka atta)
- 2 tbsp maize flour (makai ka atta)
- 2 tbsp jowar (white millet) flour
- 2 tbsp bajra (black millet) flour
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp curds (dahi)
- ½ cup chopped fenugreek (methi)
- ¼ cup chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (til)
- 1 tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tbsp coarsely crushed groundnuts
- 2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- oil for shallow frying the parathas
- water for binding the dough
- rice flour (chawal ka atta) for rolling the parathas
- Combine all the above ingredients and bind a medium soft dough.
- Make lemon sized balls of the dough and roll to a roti using rice flour.
- Heat a tawa and apply oil and shallow fry these parathas till golden brown.
- Serve hot with green chutney.