Garlicky Makai Roti
Recipe type: Breakfast
Made with maize flour dotted with flavor enhancers like coriander, chillies and garlic, you will love this interesting and toothsome roti. It is quite filling, and fit to be a quick meal. In fact, you don’t even need a side-dish; you can simply serve with a cup of curds and a tangy pickle.
- 1 cup maize flour (makai ka atta)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- salt to taste
- rice flour (chawal ka atta) for rolling
- oil for greasing and cooking
- For Serving
- fresh curd
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll each portion into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle using little rice flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Serve hot with fresh curds and pickle.