Paneer, Carrot and Bean Sprouts Paratha ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy )
Recipe type: Breakfast
Paneer, carrot and bean sprouts parathas, enjoy the oriental touch of soya sauce in these parathas made from healthy and yummy stuffing of low-fat paneer, sprouts and carrots. Rich in protein, fibre, vitamin a and b complex, a scrumptious treat awaits you!
- For The Dough
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp oil for kneading
- For The Stuffing
- 1 tsp oil
- ¼ cup sliced onions
- ½ cup shredded cabbage
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup thickly grated carrot
- ⅓ cup thickly grated low-fat paneer
- ¾ tsp soy sauce
- ¾ tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- Other Ingredients
- whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
- 1 tsp oil for cooking
- For the dough:
- Combine the wheat flour and salt in a bowl and knead into soft, pliable dough using enough water. Cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Knead again using oil till smooth and elastic. Keep aside
- For the stuffing:
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, bean sprouts, carrots, paneer and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add the soya sauce, sugar and salt, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Remove from the flame, cool and divide it into 6 equal portions. Keep aside
- How to proceed:
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out a portion of the dough into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle using a little flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the stuffing in the centre and fold the edges to make an envelope to cover the stuffing.
- Cook the paratha on a non-stick tava (griddle) with the open edges at the bottom using ¼ tsp of oil till both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 3 more parathas. Serve hot.