Green vegie smoothie
Recipe type: Breakfast
Get a turbo-charged hit of greens every morning with this delicious smoothie. Adapt the recipe to suit whatever's in season.
- 1 cup spinach, trimmed, chopped, tightly packed
- 1 cup chopped kale, trimmed, chopped, tightly packed
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 green apple, cored, chopped
- 1 pear, cored, chopped
- 2 large bananas, frozen and roughly chopped
- 2 cups filtered water
- Fresh mint to serve
- Place all ingredients in a blender on high speed and blend until smooth. Divide into 2 tall glasses. Top with fresh mint to serve.
Green smoothies are a quick and easy way to boost your nutrient intake each day. Feel free to substitute the greens and fruit in this recipe with whatever is in season and always use organic produce whenever possible. Humble dark leafy greens are some of nature’s most potent superfoods. Superfoods are foods that naturally contain a high amount of nutrients. Kale for example is regarded as “the queen of the greens” because it is very low in calories, but is rich in fibre, iron, protein and calcium.