Grilled Vegetable Open Sandwich
Recipe type: Breakfast
Although the grilled vegetable open sandwich uses common vegetables like tomatoes, onion and corn, it tastes quite different due to the mustard powder added to the filling and the tabasco sauce drizzled before serving. You will surely enjoy the tangy taste.
- 8 bread slices
- 2 tsp milk
- 6 tbsp grated processed cheese
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp cooked corn (makai ke dane) (optional)
- 1 tsp mustard (rai) powder
- 2 green chillies , chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- butter for grilling
- tabasco sauce to serve
- Combine the milk, cheese, onions, tomatoes, corn, mustard powder, green chillies, butter and salt. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Toast the bread slices in the oven at 175°c (350°f) or on a tava on both sides till they are golden brown.
- Spread a portion of the mixture on each toasted slice.
- Grill in an oven at 175°c (350°f) till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot with tabasco sauce.