Jalapeno Pesto Pasta
Recipe type: Breakfast
Whether you decide to make the Jalapeno Basil Pesto recipe.Either way, you and your family are going to love this simple pasta recipe. Use any type of pesto, any type of pasta, any type of veggies or add in some chicken. This versatile recipe is fast and simply delicious!
- Pasta – 16 oz (Penne or your preference – cooked according to package directions)
- Baby Bella Mushrooms – 12 oz, sliced
- Onion – 1 small, sliced
- Red Bell Pepper – ½, sliced
- Olive Oil – 4 Tbsp, divided
- All-purpose Flour – 2 Tbsp
- Milk – 1½ cups
- Jalapeno Basil Pesto – 2 Tbsp (or any pesto)
- Salt – to taste
- Black Pepper – ¼ tsp
- Heat 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil in a pan.
- Add Mushrooms, Onions and a little salt. Saute until Mushrooms and Onions brown slightly.
- Add Bell Pepper, toss quickly and keep aside.
- In the same pan, heat remaining 2 Tbsp Olive Oil.
- Add All-purpose Flour and cook until flour changes color to slightly pink (approx 1½ mins). Stir continuously.
- Add Milk and whisk continuously to avoid lumps. Cook until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add Jalapeno Basil Pesto, Salt and Black Pepper to taste.
- Add back in the sauteed vegetable and mix well.
- Add cooked Pasta, mix and heat through.
- Serve with Garlic Bread.