Moong Dal and Paneer Chila
Recipe type: Breakfast
Wholesome moong dal pancakes topped with paneer and spices. Moong dal flour used in this recipe is available at provision stores. If not available, substitute it with ½ cup of yellow moong dal (split yellow gram) soaked and finely ground .
- 1 cup yellow moong dal (split yellow gram) flour
- 1 tsp ginger-green chilli and garlic (lehsun) paste
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp fruit salt
- salt to taste
- To be mixed into a topping
- ½ cup crumbled paneer (cottage cheese)
- 2 tbsp chopped corriander (dhania)
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- Other ingredients:
- oil for cooking
- Combine the moong dal flour, ginger-green chilli paste, asafoetida, sugar and salt and add enough water to make a thick batter. Add the fruit salt and mix gently.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava and spread it evenly to make a thin pancake (approx. 5" diameter). Sprinkle with a portion of the topping mixture and cook on both sides over a medium flame, using a little oil.
- Repeat for the remaining batter to make 7 more chilas.
- Serve hot.